the last week’s schedule… 10/30-11/4
- DINNER OF CHAMPIONS 6:00pm Tarnoff Cafe
- FULL ENSEMBLE 2:40-5:10pm
- In-school WPIX News Taping field trip 10:45am- 1:15pm (attire TBD)
- no after school rehearsal (jazz auditions)
- Thursday – (jazz auditions)
- Full ensemble 6-9pm
- Middle School Recruitment Trip 7:30am-12:30pm, Full Uniform
- Full ensemble rehearsal TBA
Saturday – USBands Regional Championships @ Old Bridge HS
- 8:00am Full ensemble (SILENT REHEARSAL DUE TO SATs @ WOHS)
- 10:00am break (meal provided by the Music Boosters)
- 11:30am busses leave for Old Bridge HS
- 11:30pm approximate return time to WOHS
Schedule of Performances
- 11:00 AM Group I Open : Monsignor Farrell HS
- 11:15 AM Group I Open : Delran HS
- 11:30 AM Group I Open : Burlington City HS
- 11:45 AM Group II Open : Fair Lawn HS
- 12:00 PM Group II Open : Morris Knolls HS
- 12:15 PM Group II Open : West Windsor-Plainsboro South HS
- 12:30 PM Group II Open : Lenape Regional HS
- 12:45 PM Group III Open : Morris Hills HS
- 01:00 PM Group III Open : North Warren Regional HS
- 01:15 PM BREAK
- 01:45 PM Group IV Open : Bridgewater-Raritan HS
- 02:00 PM Group IV Open : Old Bridge HS
- 02:15 PM Group IV Open : Roxbury HS
- 02:30 PM Group IV Open : Nazareth Area HS
- 02:45 PM Group IV Open : Immaculata HS
- 03:00 PM Group IV Open : Edison HS
- 03:15 PM Group V Open : West Orange HS
- 03:30 PM Group VI Open : Scotch Plains-Fanwood HS
- 03:45 PM Group VI Open : John P. Stevens HS
- 04:00 PM PRELIMS AWARDS
- 06:30 PM FINALS (top 12 scoring bands from prelims perform regardless of group size)
- 09:45 PM FINALS AWARDS
END OF SEASON NOTES:
As the marching season comes to a close, students have many other opportunities to be part of extracurricular activities in the West Orange HS band program. We encourage all students to be active in other offerings.
This year we are excited to announce that we will have two winter color guards! Eighth graders are welcome to join. Color Guard auditions are Tuesday, November 7 from 6:30 to 9pm.
Jazz auditions are this Wednesday and Thursday after school. Don’t be freaked out by the word audition! The audition is only important for which band you get into. Everyone who wants to play and learn about jazz will have the opportunity to be part of the bands.
Fall Band Concert
The four West Orange High School bands will perform the first concert of the 2017-2018 school year on Wednesday, November 15 at 7 PM in the West Orange HS auditorium. Admission is free. All families are welcome!
Indoor Percussion Ensemble
Indoor percussion ensemble will be starting in late December or early January. Please see Mr. Denburg if you have any questions.
The musical this year is In the Heights. There will be an interest meeting in December and rehearsals will begin in early January. **This year’s student pit will be majority woodwinds.
Planning for the 2018 Marching Band is already underway! Recruiting starts now. Let’s make the 2018 Marching Mountaineers the largest band in school history!